Vanilla Spiced Chai
A creamy, calming mug of warming spices for your holiday pleasure, or anytime you want a warm hug.
- 4 C. Water
- 5 sticks Ceylon cinnamon
- 1.5 Inch Ginger, sliced into rounds
- 20 pods Cardamom, crushed
- 20 Cloves
- 20 Black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 Star anise, crushed
- 2 T. Red rooibos tea you can use black tea if you don’t mind caffeine
- 4 t. Maple syrup, or more to taste
- 2 C. Soy milk
- 1 t. Vanilla bean paste or extract
Heat water, cinnamon sticks, ginger, cardamom, cloves, black peppercorns, and star anise to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. Your house will smell so good!
Add red rooibos tea and continue to simmer for 7 more minutes.
Remove from heat and strain to remove spices and tea. Place in clean pot and add maple syrup, soy milk, and vanilla bean paste. Heat until it is steaming and serve.
If you have any leftover, store in the refrigerator in an airtight jar. It is great served hot or cold.