Fresh Watermelon Thai Basil Fresca
A beautiful watermelon juice that can also be served as a margarita.
- 4 C. Fresh watermelon chunks seeds removed
- 1-2 T. Agave nectar
- Thai basil leaves to taste
- 4 T. Lime juice freshly squeezed
- Garnishes: lime wedges and Thai basil sprigs
- Optional: Salt for rim of glass
- 4-8 oz. tequila of choice
- A splash of Grand Marnier for each margarita
- Place watermelon, agave nectar and Thai basil leaves in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain watermelon mixture through a fine mesh sieve to separate the watermelon juice from the pulp.
- Add plenty of ice to a glass.
- Add lime juice, watermelon/basil juice, and stir.
- Garnish with lime wedges and Thai basil sprigs.
- For margaritas salt the margarita glass rim, add tequila and stir. Then add a splash of Grand Marnier. Garnish and serve.
I used Centenario anejo tequila.
I love these on the lanai at sunset.