These Vegan Ooey Gooey Brownies are so moist, rich and easy to make. They also happen to be gluten-free.
Begin by mixing your flax eggs in a small bowl and butter and sugar in another.
Then, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Now you are ready to incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry. Also add the almonds and chocolate chips.
Oil your pan and pour it in.
Vegan Ooey Gooey Brownies
A chocolatey, moist and rich brownie that happens to be gluten-free and vegan. You will not be sorry you made these.
For Flax Eggs:
- 2 T. Flaxseed, ground
- 6 T. Water
- 2 T. Vegan butter Earth Balance
- 1/2 C. Cane sugar
- 1/4 C. Almond milk Any plant-based milk should work
- 1 t. Vanilla Bean paste Extract or vanilla bean powder can be used
- 1 C. Almond flour
- 1/4 C. Cacao powder
- 1 t. Baking powder
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1/4+ C. Chopped raw almonds, plus a few more for the top
- 1/4+ C. Chocolate chips, plus a few more for the top
Make Flax Eggs:
- Mix ground flax seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside to thicken up.
- Combine in a medium size bowl, the butter and sugar until creamy. Add almond milk and vanilla bean paste. Then add the thickened flax eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt.
Combine wet with Dry:
- Add wet mixture to dry and combine thoroughly. Stir in 1/4 C. each chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
- Oil a 8”x 8” dish or similar with coconut oil. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle with additional chopped almonds and chocolate chips if you like.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Check a few minutes early because all ovens are different.
- Allow to cool a bit before cutting. They will firm up slightly as they cool.
What’s Your favorite addition to brownies? Or are you a purist who wants just chocolate?
When you make these please post what you think.
Leave a Reply