Vegan Basil Spinach Pesto Linguine
Isn’t this gorgeous?!
You have to make this! It is so good and you will not miss the parmesan. Trust me I loved a good cheese and this is the recipe you need.
Put everything except the sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor and blend until smooth.
Doesn’t this look delicious?
Vegan Basil Spinach Pesto
Really what could be better than a large serving of pasta with a rich, herb-filled, garlic sauce. This is one of my very favorite meals!
- 3 large handfuls Basil
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1/2 C. Pine nuts toasted
- 3 t. Garlic minced
- 2 T. Nutritional yeast
- 2 T. White miso paste
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 1/3 C. Olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 t. Ground pepper
- 3 T. Sun-dried tomatoes diced
- Salt to taste
- Pasta of your choice I used whole wheat linguine but any one you like will be great
- Place basil, spinach, pine nuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, white miso, lemon juice, olive oil, and ground pepper into the food processor and pulse and blend, scraping down the sides as needed., until smooth and creamy. Add a bit more oil to reach the right consistency.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and pulse a few more times until combined.
- Add salt to taste. You may not need much because of the miso.
- Cook you pasta as directed on its package.
- Add to hot pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread and extra pine nuts on top.
Let me know what you think. Please leave any comments below. They are much appreciated.
Made this for dinner last night & it was a hit! The miso really takes the flavor to the next level. Thank you for this delicious recipe! 🤙🏻
So glad you tried and liked it! Yes, I think the miso, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice are so good in it. Aloha!
Wow, this is so incredibly yummy and super easy to make. I didn’t add any salt besides what it is in the miso and it was perfect. This is going to be a regular recipe!
I am thrilled that you enjoyed it! I agree, often the miso has enough saltiness. 💜