One of my most favorite foods has always been lasagna. This Vegan Basil Ricotta is my attempt to create that creamy, savory goodness in my upcoming vegan lasagna recipe. It is quick to make and no one will notice that there is no dairy to be found in this recipe.
Gather your 10 ingredients and let’s do this!
Start by sautéing the onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil and salt. After they are soft, throw in the garlic and heat until fragrant.
In the food processor, add the tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso paste, salt, pepper, and cooked onion and garlic mixture. Blend until well combined.
Then, toss in the fresh basil leaves and blend until the basil is chopped but there is still some texture to the mixture.
The finished Vegan Basil Ricotta! It is creamy, healthy, flavorful and can be used in lasagna, dolloped on pizza, spread on a sandwich, or as a dip for fresh veggies.
Vegan Basil Ricotta
- food processor
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14 Oz. Organic Firm Tofu, pressed from the refrigerated section
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 3 T. Nutritional yeast
- 1 T. White miso paste
- 1 t. Salt
- 1.5 t. Black pepper, ground
- 1 bunch Fresh basil leaves
- 1 T. Olive oil
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add olive oil and onions. Cook until they are softened and then add garlic.
- Cook until garlic is fragrant. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Put tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso paste, salt, pepper and cooked onion and garlic mixture into a food processor and blend until nearly smooth.
- Next, add basil leaves to the tofu mixture and pulse until incorporated.
Please comment, rate, and share.
I love to hear your ideas on what you thought and how you used this.