- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1-2 Jalapeño peppers, seeded, de-veined, finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 C. Tomatoes, Roma are great, chopped
- ⅓ C. Cilantro, finely chopped
- ¾ t. Sea salt
- Combine the onion, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice in a bowl and let marinate.
- Add tomato, cilantro, and salt. Mix gently and let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve with tortilla chips or with your favorite Mexican meal.
Chop the onion, garlic, and jalapeños first and get them marinating in the lime juice which will mellow and mingle their flavors.
There is nothing quite like fresh cilantro to add that special something to a meal. Use more or less to your preference.
So colorful, flavorful, and healthy!