My Favorite Mediterranean Salad is so good. A delicious combination of vegetables, chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, fresh basil, pumpkin seeds, and tangy vinaigrette.
Rinse your greens. I used green and red leaf lettuces and baby spinach.
Shred the carrot and beet. Drain the chickpeas. Chop the broccoli.
Chop the tomato, cucumber, and green onion. Rinse and pat dry the basil leaves.
Drain your artichoke hearts and kalamata olives.
Place the vegetables, olives, artichoke hearts, pumpkin seeds in your favorite bowl.
Drizzle with my Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette or Tahini Dressing and toss.
My Favorite Mediterranean Salad
- 1/2 small head of green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 small head of red leaf lettuce
- 2 C. Baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 small beet shredded
- 1 C. Broccoli florets chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 to mato chopped
- 1 1/2 C. Chickpeas
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 1/4 C. Italian basil leaves torn into pieces
- 4 T. Pumpkin seeds
- 12 Kalamata olives
Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette or Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Rinse leaf lettuces, spinach, and basil leaves.
- Shred carrot and beets. I used a food processor for this.
- Chop broccoli, green onions, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Drain chickpeas, artichoke hearts, and olives.
- Tear basil leaves in to pieces.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl with a bit of each vegetable, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, basil leaves, pumpkin seeds and olives.
- Drizzle my Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette over and toss.
What type of dressing do you like on your salads? I’m always on the lookout for delicious salad dressings especially when they are no oil.
Please leave a comment below.
Leave a Reply