You have to try this amazingly rich and decadent pudding! Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding is dairy-free as well as refined-sugar free and you will miss neither. It tastes like a dessert and easily fills any chocolate cravings, but is healthy and nutrient-dense enough to be breakfast with the addition of fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or bananas. Some other great toppings are granola, shredded coconut, walnuts, almonds, cacao nibs, or hemp seeds.
This is a great recipe to make the night before you want to eat it. Grab your ingredients, blend, stir and chill overnight.
Blend milk, dates, cacao powder, peanut butter, and salt in a blender. Pour into a bowl and add chia seeds.
Mix together and let sit a few minutes. Do this a couple of times because the chia seeds take a little time to incorporate. Then refrigerate for a couple of hours for a softer texture and overnight for a firmer one.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- blender, high-speed is best
- 1 C. Plant-Based milk
- 3 Dates, pitted Medjool are soft and chewy
- 2 T. Cacao powder, raw
- 2 T. Peanut butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 T. Chia seeds
- Place non-dairy milk, dates, cacao powder, peanut butter and salt in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a container and stir in chia seeds. Let sit a few minutes and stir again. As the mixture sits, the chia seeds will absorb the fluid and be easier to mix in.
- Once combined, cover pudding and place in refrigerator to thicken some more. You can eat in a couple of hours and it will be a softer consistency. If you leave it over night, it becomes really thick. Both ways are great.
Please post pictures and leave a comment about what toppings you like on this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding. I like cacao nibs and banana.
I could down a gallon of this chocolate Holliday in my mouth.
Glad you enjoyed it!🤙
This sounds really delicious!
Thanks Evi. Let me know if you try it! 🤙
I made this last night and it was so good! Peanut butter and chocolate are one of my favorite combinations. I’m happy I could eat a bowl of this and not feel guilty AND still satisfy my sweet tooth. This will be one of my go to recipes from now on. Thank you for the delicious recipe Ashley!
I am so happy you enjoyed this pudding Amanda! Aloha my friend 💜
The nephews give this one three thumbs up!!
So glad they all liked it! Thanks for letting me know.