I don’t know about you, but I really like Brussels sprouts. Some people don’t and I get that. If they aren’t cooked well, they can be tough and flavorless. But, there is something about roasting them that transforms them into crispy, caramelized, and flavorful nuggets that will keep you coming back for more.
It is not difficult, all you need to know are a couple of tricks and they will come out just the way you like them, each and every time. First, cutting them in half so that you can lay them cut side down will give you the most surface area for browning. Second, roasting them on high heat coated in just a bit of oil helps get more crispy edges and even cooking. Third, make sure to let the sprouts cook without stirring until they get that nice caramelization you are looking for.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts and Pomegranate are ‘fancied up’ for the holidays both for aesthetics, but also for more interesting flavors and texture with the addition of the nuts and seeds. It’s super easy, yet adds a little more interest and elegance for your traditional holiday side.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts and Pomegranate
- baking sheet
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts rinsed, end cut off, and cut in half
- 1 T. Avocado oil any high heat oil will do
- 2 t. Granulated garlic
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Black pepper, ground
- 3 T. Hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 T. Pomegranate arils
- Place parchment paper on your baking sheet. Heat oven to 400° F.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts, trim stem end, and cut in half. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss to coat with oil and spices.
- Place the cut side down on the parchment so that you will get the best browning possible.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes. Let cook until you are getting a nice brown on the bottom before stirring and finishing to cook them.
- They may need another 5-10 minutes. They should be fork tender and with lots of brown edges.
- Sprinkle hazelnuts and pomegranate arils over Brussels sprouts and serve immediately.
Make your Brussels sprouts shine using the easy techniques above and a few extra ingredients. You won’t be sorry.
Happy Thanksgiving! 🍁 ⭐️ ❤️