Vegan Ooey Gooey Brownies
A chocolatey, moist and rich brownie that happens to be gluten-free and vegan. You will not be sorry you made these.
For Flax Eggs:
- 2 T. Flaxseed, ground
- 6 T. Water
- 2 T. Vegan butter Earth Balance
- 1/2 C. Cane sugar
- 1/4 C. Almond milk Any plant-based milk should work
- 1 t. Vanilla Bean paste Extract or vanilla bean powder can be used
- 1 C. Almond flour
- 1/4 C. Cacao powder
- 1 t. Baking powder
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1/4+ C. Chopped raw almonds, plus a few more for the top
- 1/4+ C. Chocolate chips, plus a few more for the top
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt.
Combine wet with Dry:
Add wet mixture to dry and combine thoroughly. Stir in 1/4 C. each chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
Oil a 8”x 8” dish or similar with coconut oil. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle with additional chopped almonds and chocolate chips if you like.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Check a few minutes early because all ovens are different.
Allow to cool a bit before cutting. They will firm up slightly as they cool.