Chocolate Chai Energy Bites
A raw, chocolatey, spice-filled treat that is equally perfect before a workout or as a dessert!
Servings: 15 Bites
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Medjool dates, slightly packed pitted
- 1/3+ C. Raw Cacao, powder you will need a bit more if you want to coat your energy bites
- 2 T. Coconut, dried, flaked or shredded
- 2 T. Hemp seeds
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 2 t. Pumpkin pie spice you can also use cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves or see the link for my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 t. vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1-2 T. Almond milk any non-dairy milk will work
Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until ground to smallish pieces.
Add dates, cacao, coconut, hemp seeds, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla bean powder to the walnuts in the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are combined and broken down into small pieces.
Add 1 T. of the non-dairy milk and pulse until the mixture comes together and begins to clump together. Open the food processor and take a pinch of the mixture to see if it holds together. If it does, don’t add any more milk. If it doesn’t hold together, add another tablespoon of milk and blend again.
Take small amounts of the mixture and roll into bite-size balls. If you want, roll in additional cacao powder.
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.