Beet Orange Pomegranate Salad
A holiday salad that is beautiful and full of winter’s bounty.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 heads of butter lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- 1 large beet steamed and cubed
- 1 orange cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 pomegranate separated into arils
- 1/2 C. Pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 recipe of Liliko Balsamic Dressing
Cut beet into bite-size cubes and steam until fork tender. This takes about 30 minutes. When cool, peel beets.
Peel and cut orange into bite-size pieces.
Toast pecans about 7-9 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees F. Watch closely because they can burn very quickly. After they cool, chop slightly.
Cut pomegranate in half and gently pull out the seeds separating the membrane from them. Open pomegranate in a bowl of water to minimize splashes all over the kitchen.
Place lettuce in a bowl. Toss lightly with Lilikoi balsamic dressing.
Top with beets, oranges, pomegranate, and pecans.
Serve right away so the greens stay fresh.