Vegan Zucchini Mushroom Frittata
- 1/2 t. Olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 7 oz. Extra-firm Tofu pressed and crumbled
- Pinch of Black salt
- Sea salt
- Freshly black pepper
- 1 t. Italian herbs dried
- 1 zucchini medium, grated
- 4-5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 12.3 oz package extra-firm silken tofu drained
- 1/4 C. Water
- 3 T. Nutritional yeast
- 1 T. Plus 1 t. Organic Cornstarch
- 1 t. Tahini raw or roasted
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 t. Turmeric
- 3/4 t. Sea salt
- 1/2 t. Black Pepper freshly ground
- Pinch of black salt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add the onion. Cook until just beginning to brown on the edges.
- Add crumbled tofu and a pinch of black salt. Black salt gives the dish an eggy taste. If you don't have any just use regular salt. It'll be just as good.
- Cook tofu until it has just begun to brown.
- Add the Italian herbs, grated zucchini, and sliced mushrooms. Cook until the veggies are soft and most of their water has cooked away. Turn the heat off.
- While the veggies are cooking, blend the silken tofu, water, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, tahini, garlic, turmeric, sea salt, and black pepper, and another pinch of black salt if using in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the blender mixture into the skillet and combine.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pie plate and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes, until the center is set.
Here are the basic ingredients for the Vegan Zucchini Mushroom Frittata. You can use your favorite veggies.
Here are the onions, crumbled tofu, and salt and pepper.
Next, add the zucchini and mushrooms and cook until soft and just beginning to dry.
Mix the blender mixture into the skillet mixture off of the heat.
Spread this evenly into your prepared pie plate. Bake for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Cool the frittata slightly and then run then run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen from pan. Invert pie pan onto a plate and then carefully peel the parchment paper off the top.
Look the edges get nice and golden.
Slice into wedges top with roasted red peppers, avocado, and your favorite hot sauce. Serve with whole grain toast and fresh fruit.