Gather all of your ingredients for your soon to be Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Pecans. Can I just say that these are really great! Tender and flavorful with edges that get just a bit crisp with toasty pecans on top.
Mix the dry ingredients. You can substitute 2 1/2 t. of your own Pumpkin Pie Spice,
Combine wet ingredients.
Combine wet into dry.
Fill the muffin cups at least three-quarters full and top with pecans.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 T. Flax seed ground
- 3 T. Water
- 1 2/3 C. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. Ginger ground
- 1/2 t. Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/4 t. Allspice ground
- 1/4 t. Cloves ground
- 1 t. Baking powder
- 1 t. Baking soda
- 1/2 t. Sea salt
- 1 C. Pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 C. Unrefined coconut oil melted
- 3 T. Maple syrup
- 1/2 C. Brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/4 C. Molasses
- 1 t. Vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. Pecans raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin liners in pan.
- To make the flax "egg", mix the ground flax seed with the water. Let sit while you mix the rest of the batter.
- For the dry ingredients, mix the flour, spices, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- For the wet ingredients, mix the pumpkin purée, coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla, and flax egg.
- Incorporate the wet into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups about three-quarters full and top with pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.