A fresh, bright, balanced salad dressing that goes with all types of green salads, Toasted Sesame Pineapple Vinaigrette. It has a slightly sweet and tangy tropical flavor from the pineapple juice, some spice from Maui onion, fresh ginger, and cayenne pepper, and rich toastiness from the sesame oil. I love this dressing!
Toasted Sesame Pineapple Vinaigrette
- 1/2 of a small-sized Maui onion or any type you have
- 1/2 C. Pineapple juice
- 1/4 C. Rice vinegar unseasoned
- 1 1/2 T. Shoyu
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 " round of fresh ginger
- 1/4 t. Cayenne pepper adjust to taste
- 1 T. Toasted sesame oil
- 2 T. Olive oil
- Place onion, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, shoyu, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in toasted sesame and olive oils to emulsify.
- Chill and drizzle over fresh greens, shredded carrots and beets, purple cabbage, cucumbers, cilantro, and sprinkle with toasted cashews and sesame seeds.