My husband loves cauliflower but he especially adores Roasted Lemon Cauliflower with Sundried Tomatoes and Pinenuts. This is a quick and easy recipe which brings out the wonderful flavors of roasted cauliflower and makes it even better with the addition of tangy tomatoes and toasty pine nuts.
A trick I learned about roasting vegetables from Rouxbe Cooking School, is to place as many cut sides down so that you get the most browning you can. This makes the vegetables beautiful to look at but also increases the flavor.
Begin by chopping your cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
Mix the sauce together in a small jar.
Drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes or when you are getting a nice browning effect and then turn the cauliflower and continue cooking for about 4-5 minutes.
While the cauliflower is roasting, place the pine nuts into a pan and toast for a few minutes on medium heat. Toss them regularly so they don’t burn.
Roasted Lemon Cauliflower with Sundried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
- 1 Head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/2 t. Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 T. Lemon juice
- 2-3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 t. Sea salt
- 1/2 t. Ground black pepper
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Sundried Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 C. Pine nuts toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower and place in a pile on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small jar.
- Drizzle over the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes or until you get some nice browning. Turn the pieces so another side is down and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. You want the cauliflower tender on the inside and brown and crisp edges on the outside.
- Top with sundried tomatoes and pine nuts.