This is a listing of some of the many incredible plant-based resources I have discovered over the years that have helped me gain so much knowledge regarding the most recent information in the fields of health/nutrition, the environment, and ways to transition to a plant-based diet. It can be difficult to sift through the seemingly contradictory information in the day to day media for what an optimal diet is. Some of the trusted and internationally-recognized experts of the leading edge science on nutrition are Michael Greger, MD, T. Colin Campbell, PhD, and Joel Fuhrman, MD. Their motivation appears to be sharing the truth and trying to help us all obtain the best information to date to not only minimize our chances of disease, but more importantly optimize our health.
- Campbell, T. Colin, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II. (2006). The China Study: the most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted and the startling implications for diet, weight loss, and long-term health. Dallas, Texas: BenBella Books, Inc.
- Greger, Michael, MD. (2015). How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease. New York, New York: Flatiron Books.
- Fuhrman, Joel MD. (2011). Eat to Live: the Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast And Sustained Weight Loss. New York, New York: Little, Brown and Company.
- Robbins, John. (2006). Healthy at 100: the scientifically proven secrets of the world’s healthiest and longest lived peoples. New York: Random House, Inc.
- Robbins, John. (1987). Diet for a New America: how your food choices affect your health, happiness, and the future of life on earth. Walpole, NH: Stillpoint Publishing.
- Fuhrman, Joel MD. (1995). Fasting and Eating for Health: a medical doctor’s program for conquering disease. New York: St. Martin’s Griffin.
- Fuhrman, Joel MD. (2011). Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting your Body’s Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free. New York: HarperCollins Publisher.
- Julianna Hever, MS, RD, CPT Plant-Based Dietician
- Joel Fuhrman, MD Dr. Fuhrman
- Michael Greger, MD Nutrition Facts by Dr. Michael Greger
- Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr., MD Dr. Esselstyn
- John McDougall, MD Dr. Mc Dougall
- Neal Barnard, MD Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- Matt Frazier No Meat Athlete
- Angela Liddon Oh She Glows
- Forks Over Knives
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
- What The Health
- Liddon, Angela. (2014). The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out. New York: Avery Publishing.
- Hever, Julieanna, MS, RD. (2014). The Vegiterranean Diet: The New and Improved Mediterranean Eating Plan – with Deliciously Satisfying Vegan Recipes for Optimal Health. Boston, MA: Da Capo Press.
- Patrick-Goudreau, Colleen. (2009). The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion. Beverly, MA: Fair Winds Press.
- Coscarelli, Chloe. (2012). Chloe’s Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way. New York, NY: Free Press, a division of Simon & Schuster.
- Moskowitz, Isa Chandra. (2005). Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes that Rock. New York, NY: Marlowe & Company.
- Frazier, Matt. (2013). No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self. Beverly, MA: Fair Winds Publishing.
- Burton, Dreena. (2015). Plant-Powered Families: Over 100 Kid-Tested Whole-Foods, Vegan Recipes. Dallas, TX: BenBella Books, Inc.
- Jurek, Scott and Scott Friedman. (2012). Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Frazier, Brendan and Hugh Jackman. (2008). Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press.
- Moskowitz, Isa Chandra and Terry Hope Romero. (2007). Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press.
- Philip J Tuso, MD; Mohammed H Ismail, MD; Benjamin P Ha, MD; Carole Bartolotto, MA, RD. Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets. Perm J Spring 2013; 17(2): 61-66. www.thepermanentejournal.org