Mix the sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla bean powder together.
Add diced peaches.
Add GIANT blackberries, arrowroot powder, lemon juice, and salt.
Toss to combine and place in a casserole dish.
Plop biscuits on top.
Bake until biscuits are a beautiful golden color.
- For fruit filling:
- ¼ C. coconut sugar
- ½ t. Vanilla bean powder
- 2 t. Lemon zest
- 3 Peaches, large, diced
- 1 C. Blackberries, fresh
- 4 t. Arrowroot powder
- 1½ T. Lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- For biscuit topping:
- 1 C. Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1½ T. Coconut sugar
- 2 t. Baking powder
- ½ t. Baking soda
- ½ t. Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ t. Sea salt
- 4-5 T. Coconut oil, unrefined, melted
- ⅓-1/2 C. Almond milk
- 1 t. Vanilla bean powder
- For the fruit filling, mix the coconut sugar, vanilla bean powder and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add the fruit, sprinkle with arrowroot powder, lemon juice, and salt. Toss gently to combine.
- For the biscuit toppIng, mix the whole wheat pastry flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder and salt. Next, cut in the coconut oil until the dough is crumbly and then add enough almond milk until a soft dough forms.
- Pour the filling into a casserole dish. Dollop biscuit dough over the fruit filling. It is good if some of the fruit is still showing.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 25 minutes. Start checking at about 22 minutes. It is ready when the fruit is bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- This would be great a la mode, with whipped coconut cream, or even a drizzle of homemade almond milk.