This simple recipe for Oven-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes is such a great way to prepare the abundance of cherry tomatoes from your Farmers Market. With just a few simple ingredients that you already have in your kitchen, a quick prep, and some time in the oven, you will have yourself these delectable little morsels!
I even find people who don’t normally like tomatoes will gobble these up! They are great on their own, but they can really take your pasta, pizza, stews, or salads up a notch!
So let’s get started….
Rinse your tomatoes and dry. Don’t worry about it too much. I just roll my tomatoes around on a clean, dry towel.
Cut each tomato in half and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Next, drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian herbs, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
That’s it! Now just place in the oven and let the magic begin. What you are looking for is a nice caramelization.
Oven-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 t. Olive oil Extra virgin
- 1 t. Italian herbs, dried
- 1 t. Garlic powder
- 1/2 t. Sea salt
- 1/4 t. Black pepper, ground
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry tomatoes. Slice each tomato in half and place cut-side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Italian herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place in oven and check at 30 minutes. They are ready when the tomatoes have slightly curled-up and are dry and lightly browned.
- If they aren’t ready at 30 minutes, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. It all depends on how large your cherry tomatoes are. You may need to roast for 5-10 minutes more.
How will you use these tomatoes? Please let me know in the comments below.