A great recovery drink after you exercise. For me, smoothies never taste better than after I get back from a run in the mornings. They provide hydration, anti-inflammatory goodness, and a hefty dose of nutrition so that you can return to activity with less delayed-onset muscle soreness that can occur after a vigorous workout.
Orange Strawberry Kale Smoothie
- 1½ C. Water
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced in half
- 5-6 dinosaur Kale leaves
- ¾" piece of ginger, scrubbed, dry ends removed
- ½ a pinkie sized piece of turmeric, scrubbed
- 1½ C. Strawberries, organic if possible and frozen
- 1 banana, I used apple banana from our yard, sliced into large chunks and frozen
- Place water, orange, ginger, turmeric, kale, strawberries, and banana into a high-speed blender. Begin on low to get the blender going and slowly increase to high power until smooth.