Maple Roasted Nuts
A savory and nutritious snack that makes a great pupu or gift for friends and family. It is quick to make and tastes wonderful. This recipe was adapted from Plant, a restaurant in Asheville, NC.
Recipe type: Snack, Pupus
Serves: 4 Cups
- 4 C. Nuts, mixed, raw, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts
- 2 T. Maple syrup
- 1 t. Sea salt
- Pinch of thyme, dried
- Pinch of onion powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- ⅛ t. Liquid smoke
- Mix nuts and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add salt, thyme, onion powder, black pepper and liquid smoke and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 12-14 minutes, until golden and toasty.
- Let cool and they will get nice and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.