Maple Roasted Nuts
A savory and nutritious snack that makes a great pupu or gift for friends and family. It is quick to make and tastes wonderful. This recipe was adapted from Plant, a restaurant in Asheville, NC.
- 4 C. Nuts mixed, raw, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts
- 2 T. Maple syrup
- 1 t. Sea salt
- Pinch of thyme dried
- Pinch of onion powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 t. Liquid smoke
- Mix nuts and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add salt, thyme, onion powder, black pepper and liquid smoke and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees F, until golden and toasty.
- Let cool and they will get nice and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.
Debra thompson says
These nuts are delicious. Lots of depth of flavor and yummy crunchiness. Mahalo for sharing this recipe. I will be sure to make a large batch for holiday gift giving.
So glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for your kind feedback.