Herbal Lemon Strawberry Iced Tea
A refreshing herbal sun tea made fresher and sweeter with juicy strawberries!
I love the Lemon Tea offered at Mountain Rose Herbs. It is made with lemon verbena, green rooibos, lemon balm, lemon peel, and lemongrass.
Begin by infusing lemon tea into fresh filtered water. I do this by placing the water and tea in a glass jar and putting it in the sun for a few hours.
Next, pour 2 cups of brewed tea into a blender, add strawberries, and blend until smooth.
It makes a beautiful pink, frothy mixture, that smells delightful.
If you are adding the sweetener, mix this into the lemon tea. Then, take the strawberry mixture and add it to the rest of the tea and stir to combine.
Pour over ice and enjoy!
Lemon Strawberry Iced Tea
- 7 C. Water filtered
- 1/2 C. Lemon tea I love Mountain Rose Herbs version see link above or use your favorite
- 1/4 C. Maple syrup optional
- 1 C. Strawberries fresh or frozen
- Place water in a large glass jar and place tea loose or in a tea filter bag.
- Cover and let infuse in a warm sunny location for at least 4 hours and up to 8.
- Remove tea or tea bags.
- Pour 2 cups of tea into a blender and add strawberries.
- Blend until smooth.
- If you are going to sweeten your tea with maple syrup add it to the tea in the jar and mix well.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the tea in the jar and stir until combined.
- Chill and the serve with ice, mint sprigs and lemon.
What are your favorite summer drinks?
Please share in the comments.