Everyone needs an Easy Enchilada Sauce recipe at the ready. This is quick to mix up and infinitely more tasty than the store bought version. You most likely have the ingredients in your pantry right now. Because it comes together so fast, make sure to measure the ingredients so that you are ready to go.
Heat your pan and make the roux. Let it slightly brown.
You want to cook the flour a bit which will thicken the enchilada sauce.
Next, add the spices and combine until fragrant.
It will smell amazing.
You’re almost done. Just add the tomato paste and combine, and then the vegetable bouillon.
Cook for a few minutes until thickened.
Easy Enchilada Sauce
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2 T. Flour all-purpose, whole wheat pastry, or gluten-free blend all work
- 1 T. Chili powder slightly rounded
- 1 t. Garlic, granulated
- 1 t. Onion, granulated
- 1 t. Cumin, ground
- 1/2 t. Coriander, ground
- 1/2 t. Oregano, dried
- 1 C. Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 C. Veggie bouillon
- 1/4 t. Salt, to taste before adding, taste to see if it is needed. It depends on how salty the bouillon is that you use
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and add olive oil. Let it heat for a minute and add flour. Stir until combined and bubbly.
- Next, add spices chili powder, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, and oregano. Stir and cook until fragrant, another minute. Don’t let it burn.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds to combine with spice mixture.
- Add bouillon and whisk to combine.
- Allow mixture to come to a slow simmer and cook for a few minutes to thicken.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
What are your favorite vegetarian fillings for enchiladas?
Happy Summer Everyone!