Our friends asked us to check in on their garden while they were away on vacation AND use any fruits and veggies that we wanted from their amazing garden. It’s full of the most delicious and exotic bounty, i’ve ever seen. We scored because their dragonfruit vines produced a huge amount of this beautiful fruit and also there were loads of Mexican limes! This is how I created my new recipe, Dragonfruit Limeade.
Look at this incredible color! Dragonfruit is the fruit of a cactus that grows on a vine originating from the Americas. It comes in white, light pink and this deep pink color below.
To get the goodness out of this gorgeous fruit, I blended it with 1 cup of water in a blender and then passed it through a fine-meshed sieve.
- 3/4 C. Lime juice fresh-squeezed
- 1/2 C. Cane sugar Granulated
- 3 C. Water add more to your taste
- 1 Dragonfruit
- Squeeze lime juice and add cane sugar and dissolve.
- Put 1 cup of water in blender and flesh of dragonfruit and lightly blend.
- With a fine-meshed sieve pass dragonfruit mixture through and catch juice and water.
- Add the dragonfruit water mixture to the lime and sugar mixture. Add remaining 2 cups of water and stir together.
- Chill and serve over ice.