- 1 C. Brown Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 2 C. Water
- ¾ t. Sea salt
- 1 T. Lime juice
- ¼ C. Cilantro, finely chopped
- Place water, rice, and salt in a pot and cover. Bring to a boil and then immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 40 minutes checking periodically that the rice is not sticking.
- When rice is tender cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Add lime juice, cilantro, and add additional salt to taste.
Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice
First, rinse your rice under cool water.
Next, add the rice, water, and sea salt to a pan. Bring pot to a boil and immediately turn down to a simmer for about 40 minutes. When the rice is tender, turn off the heat and keep covered for 10-15 minutes. This is the trick to a great texture for your brown rice. It allows the moisture to evenly distribute through the grain for a nice chewy texture.