- 2 large handfuls arugula
- 1 large handful cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ C. Pine nuts, toasted or not, both are good
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 2 T. Nutritional yeast
- 2 T. White miso paste
- ½ t. Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 T. Sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Place all pesto ingredients except salt and sun-dried tomatoes into a food processor and combine until creamy.
- Taste and salt as needed. You may not need much due to the miso and lemon juice.
- Toss with hot pasta of your choice. I used a gluten free red and white quinoa pasta.
- Plate pasta and top with sliced sun-dried tomatoes and black pepper.
Load your food processor with all the ingredients.
Blend ingredients until luscious and creamy.
Cook your pasta of choice until al dente.
Toss pasta with Cilantro Arugula Pesto and top with sun-dried tomato and freshly ground black pepper.
I served this with pan sautéed Ali’i mushrooms and arugula and oven roasted asparagus spears sprinkled with herbamare.