You have to try this amazingly rich and decadent pudding! Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding is dairy-free as well as refined-sugar free and you will miss neither. It tastes like a dessert and easily fills any chocolate cravings, but is healthy and nutrient-dense enough to be breakfast with the addition of fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or bananas. Some other great toppings are granola, shredded coconut, walnuts, almonds, cacao nibs, or hemp seeds.
This is a great recipe to make the night before you want to eat it. Grab your ingredients, blend, stir and chill overnight.
Blend milk, dates, cacao powder, peanut butter, and salt in a blender. Pour into a bowl and add chia seeds.
Mix together and let sit a few minutes. Do this a couple of times because the chia seeds take a little time to incorporate. Then refrigerate for a couple of hours for a softer texture and overnight for a firmer one.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- blender, high-speed is best
- 1 C. Plant-Based milk
- 3 Dates, pitted Medjool are soft and chewy
- 2 T. Cacao powder, raw
- 2 T. Peanut butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 T. Chia seeds
- Place non-dairy milk, dates, cacao powder, peanut butter and salt in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a container and stir in chia seeds. Let sit a few minutes and stir again. As the mixture sits, the chia seeds will absorb the fluid and be easier to mix in.
- Once combined, cover pudding and place in refrigerator to thicken some more. You can eat in a couple of hours and it will be a softer consistency. If you leave it over night, it becomes really thick. Both ways are great.
Please post pictures and leave a comment about what toppings you like on this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding. I like cacao nibs and banana.