You will be amazed at how rich, creamy and tasty this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake is and it is dairy-free and contains no refined sugars. You will not miss either. In fact, I think it is better, and you will feel satisfied and like you indulged without feeling overly full.
You will need to freeze ripe bananas in large chunks for this recipe. Once you have them in your freezer you will be able to whip this shake up whenever you want. We get up to 100 lbs of bananas that ripen in a week, from our own trees. So we freeze many of them for this shake, as well as smoothies, pancakes, and banana bread.
Home grown Apple Bananas from our yard. These beauties are my favorite bananas. A bit more firm, with a balance of sweet and a slight tang than the bananas I grew up eating on the mainland.
Just a few ingredients from your pantry and a quick blend and you have a delicious dessert.
The plant-based milk, frozen bananas, and peanut butter blend into an amazingly creamy milkshake.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
- 1 C. Non-dairy milk I like soy
- 1 banana frozen in large chunks
- 1-2 T. Peanut butter
- 1/2 t. Vanilla bean powder or 1 t. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon I like Ceylon
- Pinch of salt
- Top with non-dairy chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth, rich, and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
The best part about this shake is that you can enjoy it anytime of day. I’ve been known to make one for a recovery meal after a run. 😁
What types of healthy treats do you make?