Feast your eyes on these delicious Blueberry Tahitian Lime Whole Grain Muffins! A tasty, healthful muffin made with a combination of oat and spelt flours and filled with exotic flavors of Tahitian lime zest, vanilla, and juicy blueberries.
Blueberry Tahitian Lime Whole Grain Muffins
A fluffy textured and exotic flavored muffin containing Tahitian lime zest, vanilla, and juicy blueberries that uses both oat and spelt whole grain flours. It is lightly sweetened with organic cane sugar and a bit of agave nectar.
- 1 1/4 C. Oats ground into flour in a high-speed blender
- 3/4 C. Spelt flour
- 1/2 C. Organic cane sugar
- 2 t. Baking powder
- 1/4 t. Baking soda
- 1/4 t. Sea salt
- 1/2 C. + 3 T. Almond milk any plant-based milk should work
- 3 T. Grape seed oil
- 2 T. Agave nectar
- 2 t. Tahitian lime zest
- 1 T. Tahitian lime juice
- 1 t. Vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 C. Fresh or frozen blueberries tossed in some flour
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. Place muffin liners in a regular muffin pan.
Combine dry ingredients
- Grind 1 1/4 C. Rolled oats into flour in a high-speed blender.
- Add spelt flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt. Mix well.
Combine wet ingredients
- Mix almond milk, grape seed oil, agave nectar, lime zest and juice, and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and combine. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, until they have golden edges and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Pack your muffins and some coffee or tea and take somewhere beautiful for a breakfast picnic.
Please share your thoughts and photos below so we can all learn from each other.
Mahalo for stopping by!💜
Leave a Reply