Feast your eyes on these delicious Blueberry Tahitian Lime Whole Grain Muffins! A tasty, healthful muffin made with a combination of oat and spelt flours and filled with exotic flavors of Tahitian lime zest, vanilla, and juicy blueberries.
Blueberry Tahitian Lime Whole Grain Muffins
- 1 1/4 C. Oats ground into flour in a high-speed blender
- 3/4 C. Spelt flour
- 1/2 C. Organic cane sugar
- 2 t. Baking powder
- 1/4 t. Baking soda
- 1/4 t. Sea salt
- 1/2 C. + 3 T. Almond milk any plant-based milk should work
- 3 T. Grape seed oil
- 2 T. Agave nectar
- 2 t. Tahitian lime zest
- 1 T. Tahitian lime juice
- 1 t. Vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 C. Fresh or frozen blueberries tossed in some flour
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. Place muffin liners in a regular muffin pan.
Combine dry ingredients
- Grind 1 1/4 C. Rolled oats into flour in a high-speed blender.
- Add spelt flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt. Mix well.
Combine wet ingredients
- Mix almond milk, grape seed oil, agave nectar, lime zest and juice, and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and combine. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, until they have golden edges and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Pack your muffins and some coffee or tea and take somewhere beautiful for a breakfast picnic.
Please share your thoughts and photos below so we can all learn from each other.
Mahalo for stopping by!💜