Sometimes you need to have a quick, easy recipe to make a wholesome and satisfying dessert. This recipe for Blueberry Oatmeal Cookie Crumble is just that recipe. I always have all of these ingredients in my pantry and freezer so I can make it without planning.
If you don’t have fresh berries don’t worry. I always use frozen blueberries and it comes out wonderfully. It only takes a few minutes to measure ingredients and then pop it in the oven for a lovely summertime treat.
This recipe can be modified with whatever fruit you like as well as nuts you have on hand. Cherries, peaches, apples, plums, persimmons, mango, etc.
And only two dishes to clean!
Blueberry Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- 4 C. Blueberries Fresh or frozen work great
- 2 T. Cornstarch
- 2 T. Coconut sugar adjust to your taste and based on the sweetness of your berries
Oatmeal Cookie Crumble Topping
- 1 C. Rolled oats
- 1/2 C. Oat flour grind from rolled oats in a high powered blender or food processor
- 3 T. Coconut sugar
- 1/2 C. Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 t. Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 t. Ginger powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 C. Maple syrup
- 1/4 C. Vegetable oil I used almond
- 1 t. Vanilla extract
- 1 t. Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add blueberries, cornstarch, and sugar into an 8” x 8” baking dish. Toss to mix.
Oatmeal Cookie Topping
- Mix rolled oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- Crumble evenly over blueberry mixture and place in oven uncovered. If there is any chance the blueberries will boil over place a cookie sheet under your pan to catch it. Much easier to clean up 😉.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbling around the edges and cookie is golden brown.
- Serve with or without dairy-free vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
You know it is done when the fruit is bubbling at the edge and the cookie is golden brown.
Come on Mom, can’t I have just one bite?
This is so good and don’t tell anyone but I sometimes eat it for breakfast.😉