*Beet Orange Pomegranate Salad is a lovely way to begin a festive holiday meal.
This salad is wonderful addition to the traditional main dishes of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years celebrations. I top it with my Lilikoi Balsamic Vinaigrette. It looks beautiful and tastes even better with ruby-red roasted beets, juicy orange, and garnet pomegranate arils. Add a few toasted pecans and it is a nice way to begin your meal.
Beet Orange Pomegranate Salad
- 2 heads of butter lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- 1 large beet steamed and cubed
- 1 orange cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 pomegranate separated into arils
- 1/2 C. Pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 recipe of Lilikoi Balsamic Dressing
- Cut beet into equal sized chunks and steam until fork tender. This takes about 30 minutes. When cool, peel beets and chop into 1/2” dice.
- Peel and cut orange into bite-size pieces.
- Toast pecans about 7-9 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees F. Watch closely because they can burn very quickly. After they cool, chop slightly.
- Cut pomegranate in half and gently pull out the seeds separating the membrane from them. Open pomegranate in a bowl of water to minimize splashes all over the kitchen.
- Place lettuce in a bowl. Toss lightly with Lilikoi balsamic dressing.
- Top with beets, oranges, pomegranate, and pecans.
- Serve right away so the greens stay fresh.
Here is my Lilikoi Balsamic Vinaigrette.
What are your favorite salads for the holidays?