Agua de Jamaica
One of my favorite refreshing drinks in the summer time. I love the beautiful ruby, red color and zingy, tang. I brew it using the hot summer sunshine, add a squeeze of lime, and serve over ice. It is absolutely wonderful!
- 64 oz. cool filtered water
- 1/2 C. Jamaica dried (hibiscus)
- 1 lime juice squeezed
- Agave or coconut nectar to taste
- Pour water into a glass pitcher and add dried hibiscus flowers.
- Place in the sun for 6-8 hours.
- Strain the hibiscus.
- Add lime juice and sweetener, if using.
- Pour over plenty of ice and add lime garnish.
If you try this thirst quenching drink, please let me know what you think.
I buy my dried hibiscus flowers from Mountain Rose Herbs and Bulk Herb Store. They both have excellent quality products for good prices.
Leave a Reply