Who doesn’t love Peach pie?! Then add a buttery vegan crust and fresh raspberries and WOW! Introducing my summery Vegan Peach Raspberry Rustic Tart.
I am not much of a pie baker because I am a bit intimidated to make a crust, but this is really pretty simple and is supposed to look rustic. So don’t worry if it isn’t perfect. It’s supposed to be that way.
Begin by mixing the crust in a food processor. Press into a disc and refrigerate so it can firm up. See, it is kind of round but not exactly.😀
Next, while the crust is chilling, mix the filling together in a bowl.
It is even beautiful before you pop it in the oven!
- ¾ C. Whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ C. All-purpose flour, I bleached
- 1 T. Granulated cane sugar
- ¼ t. Salt
- 2 t. Lemon zest
- ¼ C. Unrefined coconut oil, chilled (you may not need to chill if your oil is firm)
- ¼ C. Earth Balance butter
- Up to ¼ C. Ice cold water, you may not need it all
- ¼ C.Granulated cane sugar
- 2 T. Whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ t. Ceylon cinnamon, ground
- ½ t. Vanilla bean powder or 1 t. Vanilla extract
- 1 large Peach sliced
- ½ c. Fresh raspberries
- 2 t. Fresh lemon juice
- Chill your flours, coconut oil if needed, and water.
- Pulse the flours, sugar, salt, and lemon zest in the food processor with the dough attachment.
- Add the coconut oil and butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Add water by tablespoons just until the dough comes together. Don't overmix or your crust will be tough.
- Take the ball of dough and slightly flatten onto a silpat lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll disc into a ⅛" thick disc and cover and place in the refrigerator while you mix your filling.
- This can also be mixed by hand, just use 2 knives or a pastry cutter to incorporate the coconut oil and butter into the flour mixture.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon and vanilla powders. Add the sliced peaches and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Let sit so the peaches begin to release their juices.
- Place the peaches on the center of the crust leaving about 1" of dough around the edge.
- Fold about 1" of dough in whatever way you like to make the crust. Place the raspberries over the peaches.
- To make a brown crunchy edge, brush the edge of the dough with maple syrup and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place into a preheated 375 degree F oven for about 33 minutes. I always check my baked goods 5 minutes earlier and watch until the edge is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbling.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve.